TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS TO HELP GAIN A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE CAN HELP!
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Call us at (361-249-1157) to speak with us today!
1. What are the ranch hours?
2. What does the ranch cost include?
Your home cooked meals by our Chef. Access and stay in one of our three Lodges. A professional hunting guide for each hunter. Field Dressing and Walk-in Cooler storage for your trophy, quartering and capping $100 per animal. Transportation of your trophy to the Ranch’s primary Taxidermist and transportation of the meat to the Ranch’s Primary Meat Processor.
3. Do you offer lodging and food?
Yes! Dancing Elk Alexander Ranch provides 24/7 lodging and your meals are prepared by our Chef. RV and Camping sites available. We have 3 housing options for you to choose from, to best meet your needs.
5 RV hookups. 15 camping spots and 5 RV hookups.
$75 a day for RV
$30 dollars a day per tent.
4. Will a hunting guide accompany me?
Yes! Our professional guides are focused on ensuring each client has a memorable and exciting hunt.
****Gratuity for your Guide is recommended. Our guides spend countless hours during the summer helping prepare the ranch for the hunting season and scouting our animals during the antler growing season to ensure you a great opportunity for a successful hunt.
***We get asked what a tip should be and the best way we can describe it is just like a restuarant. Folks usually give 10% – 15% for great service for a couple hours at dinner, our guides will be taking care of you during the hunt for 2 or 3 days to show you a great time. They are very thankful for anything put their way.
5. Is transportation available from the airport to the ranch?
Yes! Transportation to and from airport is $100 per person.
6. How long do I have to put my deposit down?
ALL DEPOSITS WILL BE PAID WITHIN 120 DAYS OF THE HUNT.
7. Can I get a refund on my deposit?
NO. All deposits must be paid within 120 days of the hunt. NO DEPOSIT WILL BE REFUNDED.
8. How long do I have to cancel a hunt?
TO CANCEL A HUNT IT HAS TO BE DONE 90 DAYS PRIOR TO HUNT FOR A REFUND IF NOT CANCELLED 90 DAYS PRIOR YOU CAN RESCHEDULE AT A LATER DATE.
9. Can you hold my date for a hunt?
NO. DEA RANCH CAN’T HOLD ANY DATE UNLESS 50 PERCENT DEPOSIT HAS BEEN PAID IN FULL. AT TIME OF BOOKING A HUNT IT IS A FIRST COME BASIS.
10. Can I participate in additional hunts when I get there?
Yes! Additional animals and additional hunt days must be paid in full before exiting ranch.
11. What kind of hunting can I do on the ranch?
Whether you’re looking for a whitetail buck meat for the freezer or anticipating the fast pace of feral hog hunting we’re your ranch. For the discriminating bird hunter, quail and dove abound for guided well planned hunts or informal hunting to make your hunting experience complete. A diversified habitat coupled with a working ranch results in an abundance of wildlife and managed exotics. View a variety of hunting options here.
12. What are your pricing packages?
If you’re looking for the ultimate hunting experience you have found it here at DEA Ranch. The diverse selection of wildlife will create a lasting impression and make you the envy of your family and friends. Click here to view our packages and pricing.
13. What do I need to bring for my hunt? (Hunters)
- Minimum 243 cal. With same ammo used to sight rifle in with.
- Pulling 50 lbs minimum with broadhead with 1 inch cutting surface minimum.
- 20 ga. Minimum for turkey hunts, any gauge for dove hunts.
- Full camo clothing including face mask.
- (spot and stalking, rattling, or turkey hunting).
- Comfortable waterproof boots.
- Quality binoculars.
- Archery range finder if bow hunting.
- (guides have range finder for rifle hunting).
- Flashlight or headlamp with extra batteries.
- Hearing protection & protective eye wear.
- Hunting License.
- Day pack for personal supplies to and from blind.
- Cool neutral or camo colored clothing for dove hunts.
14. What do I need to bring for the lodge?
- Comfortable clothing for relaxing in the evenings.
- Robe and footwear for bath area.
- Personal medications and personal items (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo etc.).
15. What can I expect?
We’ll get you settled in, get your rifle sighted, take you out on a tour and have a lot of fun!
16. Do you offer Field Dressing and Cooler Storage?
Yes! Field Dressing and Walk-in Cooler storage is available for your trophy, quartering and capping $100 per animal.
17. Do you offer Taxidermist and Processing services?
Yes! Transportation of your trophy to the Ranch’s primary Taxidermist and transportation of the meat to the Ranch’s Primary Meat Processor is available.
For more information, please contact us!
18. What if I don’t harvest my animal during the hunt?
If you do not harvest the trophy you are after during your hunt you will be refunded the trophy fee minus the Ranch Fee.